Aadhaar update: an individual can use mAadhaar app to avail over 35 services
The mAadhaar app is available in 13 languages
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), through its mAadhaar app, provides a number services. This app, is available in 13 languages, offers over 35 Aadhaar online services in a single aap like download eAadhaar, update status, locate Aadhaar Kendra etc. on your smartphone. UIDAI tweeted this information.
What is mAadhaar
mAadhaar App is the official application of UIDAI. This provides platform for Aadhaar holders to carry their demographic data and photograph with them in their smartphones and by using the mAadhaar, the resident can avail the following services:
1. Get Aadhaar by downloading or ordering a reprint of Aadhaar or by retrieving lost or forgotten Aadhaar
2. View/Show Aadhaar in offline mode, particularly when residents are required to show their ID proof
3. Update address in Aadhaar via document or without document proof
4. Keep/Manage Aadhaar of family members(up to 5 members) in one mobile
5. Share Paperless eKYC or QR code to service providing agencies
6. Secure Aadhaar by Locking Aadhaar or Biometrics
7. Generate or Retrieve VID which user can use in the place of Aadhaar to avail Aadhaar services (for those who have locked their Aadhaar or do not wish to share their Aadhaar).
8. Use Aadhaar SMS services in offline mode
9. Check Request Status Dashboard: After enrolling for Aadhaar, ordering reprint or updating Adhaar data, the resident can check the status of the service request in the App.
10. Book appointment to visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra
11. Aadhaar Sync feature allows the resident to fetch the updated data in the Aadhaar profile after successful completion of an update request.
12. Time-based One-Time Password can be used instead of SMS based OTP to avail Aadhaar Online Services available on the UIDAI website
13. Locate the Enrolment Centre (EC) helps the user find nearest enrolment Centre.
14. mAadhaar users can download Aadhaar card in the app itself.
Who can create a profile on mAadhaar app?
An individual can create Aadhaar profile in the mAadhaar app with mobile no linked to his/her Aadhaar card. Such individuals can register their profile in an app installed in any smartphone.